We perform bank reconciliations as part of our bookkeeping services for clients that use our write-up services and also for those clients that record their own transactions and prefer that we do the bank reconciliations. Bank reconciliations provide a control to ensure that all banking transactions have been recorded in the books and records of the company.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date. Having us reconcile your account each month allows you to:
– Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
– Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
– Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
– Know how your business is doing. You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
– Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
– Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
– Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.